Oil pulling is a very simple, completely harmless and inexpensive natural healing method. The list below names some of the most common conditions people have reported that respond to oil pulling:
- Acne Allergies Arthritis Asthma Back and neck pain Bronchitis Chronic Fatigue Colitis
- Crohn’s Disease Constipation Dental cavities Dermatitis Diabetes Eczema Hemorrhoids Hypertension
- Insomnia Migraine Headaches Mucous Congestion Peptic Ulcers PMS Periodontal Disease Bleeding Gums Sinusitis Tooth Abscess
In addition to the above conditions, medical studies have indicated that the following can also be directly related to oral health and may respond to oil pulling therapy:
- Acidosis Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Atherosclerosis Blood Disorders Brain Abscess Cancer
- Emphysema Gallbladder Disease Gout Heart Disease Hyperglycemia Infertility Kidney Disease Liver Disease
- Meningitis Nerve Disorders Osteoporosis Paget’s Disease Pneumonia Preeclampsia Preterm/Low Birth Weight Babies
- Psychotic Episodes Stroke Toxic Shock Syndrome Many types of Infectious Diseases
Step 1 Drink a large glass of water first thing in the morning to hydrate and stimulate your saliva production. Then take 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil (I prefer it melted) in your mouth. You might want to start with less in the beginning.
Step 2 Set a timer to 20 minutes and keeping your mouth closed, work the oil around in your mouth without swallowing it. Suck, push and pull the oil through your teeth and over every surface of your mouth. Be relaxed, but keep the oil and saliva working constantly in your mouth for a total of 15 to 20 minutes. If mucus forms in the back of your throat, spit out the oil, clear your throat, take another mouthful of oil and continue until you have done a total of 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 3 Spit the oil into a trash can or plastic bag and rinse out your mouth with warm water a few times and then with some warm salt water. Now you may gargle and swish the salt water around in your mouth and through your teeth to remove any residue of the oil. You may also like baking soda in your rinse water.
For an active infection in your mouth, try Medicated Coconut Oil recipe below:
Medicated Coconut Oil:
1 tsp. coconut oil
1-2 drops oregano or clove oil
Content of 1 30-50 mg CoQ10 gel capsule
Double or triple this recipe for oil pulling, depending on how much oil you typically use.
Oil Pulling Therapy, Detoxifing and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing by Dr. Bruce Fife.