What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy is a gentle washing of the large intestines with warm, filtered water to remove built-up toxins and wastes, improve overall bowel function and digestion, and allow for better nutrient absorption.
It reduces bloating and intestinal gases, purifies the liver, and stimulates peristalsis (natural rhythmic muscle action of the gastrointestinal tract). Other benefits reported include:
- The relief of head and backaches
- Rehabilitation of nerves, muscles, glands, circulatory and immune components of the digestive system
- Weight control
- Clearer and smoother skin
- Reduction of acne, skin rashes, and arthritic symptoms
- An overall feeling of improved health and vitality
There are a number of reasons to choose colon hydrotherapy which might include:
- Relieving constipation or incomplete bowel movements
- Seasonal detoxification
- Preventative maintenance, to improve digestion
- Facilitating long-term lifestyle changes
- Removing toxic accumulations from stress, overeating, drug abuse
- Preparing for surgery or a colonoscopy
- To jump-start a weight loss program
Initial session (approx 90 minutes) $80
Includes intake, initial consultation, follow-up consultation and recommendations
Single session (approx 75 minutes) $80
Includes follow-up consultation and recommendations
Series of 2
for pre and post Liver/Gallbladder Cleanse $150
Both sessions must be used within the week. Package rate at $75 each.
* Rates for multiple sessions can be arranged, please ask.
To book an Appointment
Please call or email to book an appointment
Print, fill-out and bring this intake form to your first appointment
What to Expect
During a treatment the client is comfortably positioned on the table, fully draped and dressed in pyjama pants to preserve privacy and dignity. After a short relaxation and massage a speculum is gently inserted to allow the slow inflow of water.
When light pressure builds up in the colon, the water and waste is released through a waste tube with attached glass viewing tube directly into the sewer (closed system) with no odor.
A series of water fills and releases take place in each session allowing the water to move higher into the colon for a more effective cleanse. The therapist remains in the room throughout the procedure, working with the client on various breathing, relaxation and massage techniques to enhance the process.
Generally people find the procedure quite gentle and comfortable and feel a clean, refreshed sense of wellbeing afterwards. Frequently people report the release of suppressed, trapped emotions that were held in the toxic build-up and they can let go of longstanding emotional issues and addictive patterns.
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy
Preparing for a Colonoscopy?